Terms and conditions
The booking procedure for bookings made more than 14 days before the customer arrival date is as follows:
- Once the property owner receives the booking request and confirms the availability of the requested property, the customer is obliged to arrange the deposit payment (30% of the total cost of the booking) to secure the booking.
- The customer must pay the 30% deposit within 48 hours of receipt of the Deposit Payment request. Should Palermo Suite not receive the 30% deposit payment within 48 hours, the conditional offer will be terminated and the customer’s provisional booking will be cancelled.
- Following receipt of the 30% deposit payment, Palermo Suite will send the customer the Booking Confirmation.
The booking procedure for bookings made less than 14 days before the customer arrival date is as follows:
- The customer has to arrange total payment to secure the booking. The customer must pay the total amount within 48 hours of receipt of the Total Payment request. If Palermo Suite does not receive payment within 48 hours, the conditional offer will be terminated and the customer’s provisional booking will be cancelled. Once the payment has been received, Palermo Suite will send the customer the Booking Confirmation invoice.
All Palermo Suite prices are in Euro. All payments to Palermo Suite must be made in Euro.
- Deposit: 30% of the total cost is to be paid by the customer. This payment must be made to Palermo Suite exclusively by bank transfer, PayPal or credit/debit card.
- Balance: The unpaid balance of the total cost must be paid at least 14 days before the arrival date unless alternative arrangements are agreed at the time of booking. If this payment is not made at least 14 days before the arrival date, the booking may be cancelled, no refund will be granted under any circumstances and the customer will be obliged to pay the cancellation penalty charges (see section 6 for more information about cancellation penalty charges).
Refundable Security Deposit, Damages and Customer Conduct:
A refundable security deposit is required to access the rental property. The amount of the refundable security deposit varies for each rental property and will be indicated on each property webpage. In the event of any mistreatment of, or damage to, the property during the rental period, the refundable security deposit will be used to pay for the expenses of repairs. If the customer fails to provide the full refundable security deposit immediately upon arrival, the customer will be denied access to the property. This must be paid in cash to the property manager/owner upon arrival at check-in. Cheques are not accepted.
The security deposit will be used to cover the cost of potential damages reported by the customer or found upon inspection.
On the day of check-out, the customer will be refunded in full by the property owner/manager less any damages caused to the property or bills left unpaid. If the damages equal or exceed the security deposit amount, the property owner is entitled to charge the full amount to the customer and invoice the remaining balance.
By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions, every customer agrees to maintain a reasonable standard of conduct during the rental period. Please note that all Palermo Suite properties are strictly non-smoking. Palermo Suite reserves the right to enforce the removal of any person(s) at any time based on reports of inappropriate behaviour that come from any third party including the property owner/manager, property neighbours/community or based on Palermo Suite’s own judgement. Inappropriate behaviour includes but is not limited to:
- using illegal drugs or participating in other illegal or disturbing activity on the rental property;
- increasing the number of people at the rental property without notifying Palermo Suite;
- bringing pets/animals onto the property without direct consent from Palermo Suite.
Cancellation and Customer change:
To communicate a change or cancellation, contact must be made with Palermo Suite by the party representative in writing. When the customer reserves a property more than 14 days before the arrival date and pays the 30% deposit, the customer is able to make changes or cancel without penalty. If the customer makes a booking within 14 days of the arrival date, the customer is not able to make changes or cancel the booking. without penalty.
Palermo Suite must be notified of any changes to an existing booking as soon as possible. Wherever possible, Palermo Suite will try to accommodate a change to an existing booking. Increases in the size of the booking party will only be accepted if the rental property can accommodate the increased number of people. If a customer wishes to increase the booking party size, the customer will be expected to pay the additional fees that apply to the reserved property. Decreases in the booking party size will be accepted but no refund will be granted and the customer must pay the amount originally agreed. In the event of a new booking representative replacing the designated booking representative or if the booking party in its entirety must change, the new booking representative and/or booking party must meet Palermo Suite’s requirements and agree to Palermo Suit ‘s Terms and Conditions. Palermo Suite reserves the right to deny the transfer of an existing booking to a new booking representative or booking party for any reason.
If a customer makes a booking and then cancels the booking the customer is responsible for a cancellation fee as following:
When the customer cancels a booking 14 days or more before the arrival date:
Palermo Suite will give back 30% of the total amount agreed as a cancellation penalty charge if previously paid by the customer.
When the customer cancels a booking 0-13 days before the arrival date:
Palermo Suite will retain 100% of the total amount agreed as a cancellation penalty charge.
Health, Cancellation and Traveller’s Insurance, Travel Documents
All members of the booking party must have valid health insurance during the rental period. Palermo Suite will not be responsible for the costs of obtaining health insurance nor will Palermo Suite be responsible for any other losses or inconveniences relating to health insurance. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that all members of the booking party have the required health insurance.
All customers must be covered by travel insurance during the rental period. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that their insurance policy covers all accidents, loss and damage. If a customer fails to have the necessary insurance to cover losses of any kind, Palermo Suite will not be held responsible. Palermo Suite reserves the right to check whether the customers has take a valid Insurance policy and may cancel the booking without refund in the event that the customer is not insured.
All customers are responsible for their own travel documents such as Visas and Passports. Palermo Suite is not able to provide passport and visa advice nor is Palermo Suite able to sponsor visas for customers. Cancellations of property rentals that occur because a customer was not admitted into Italy or failed to obtain the necessary documents to enter Italy will not qualify for a refund. Palermo Suite bears no responsibility for the costs of obtaining the necessary travel documents nor will Palermo Suite be responsible for any other losses or inconveniences relating to travel documentation. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that all members of the rental party have the required travel documents.
Safety, Injuries, Personal Damages and Insurance
Palermo Suite expects that all customers follow standard safety practices to prevent any occurrence of personal damages, injury or death. This is especially relevant when children are present on a rental property. The safety and well-being of children on a rental property is the sole responsibility of the customer. Palermo Suite takes no responsibility for children’s safety and well-being. Furthermore, neither Palermo Suite nor the property owner/manager will be responsible for personal damages, injury or death that takes place on the rental property. If a property guide is present on the property, which explains the rules and guidelines for using the property facilities, all customers are expected to follow the instructions within that guide.
The customer may incur additional fees such as the use of extra electricity or pool heating, daily cleaning services or other domestic help during their stay at a Palermo Suite rental property. In the event that extra fees are incurred, payment must be made directly by the customer to the property owner/manager. Palermo Suite cannot be held responsible for losses, inconveniences or dissatisfaction relating to any extra fees incurred.